Your connection to the Department of Economics remains long after you graduate!
Alumni use campus libraries, attend lectures, visit the Burke Museum and Henry Art Gallery, listen to KEXP and KUOW, attend Husky football and basketball games, and enjoy the return of the cherry blossoms every spring. Others mentor undergraduate students, serve on program advisory boards, guest lecture in economics classes, and support the Department through gifts to scholarships, programs and initiatives.
A group of high energy volunteers from the Economics Visiting Committee set out to design our Economics alumni outreach network to allow alumni to reconnect and to allow our current students to leverage the experience our alumni have accumulated in form of mentoring, networking, and internship programs.
We invite you to share your news and updates with us. Have you recently been promoted, gotten married, taught a course, published an article, started a business? Email us with your news – or connect via Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn! See what other grads have been up to in our Alumni Updates section.
Learn more about:
- Economics Undergraduate Mentor Program: this program links undergraduate economics students during their junior and senior years with mentors in order to help them develop life and career skills through the guidance of seasoned professionals.
- Regional Alumni Representatives: alumni in this role support fellow alumni and current economics students by acting as professional and social contacts for their city or region.
- Women in Economics: this group seeks to expand networking and educational opportunities for women who work in economics, or are studying in or have general interest in the field.
- Economics Visiting Committee: recognizing the UW’s vital regional role in economics education and public policy formation, members of the Visiting Committee provide a stable and significant source of funding, actively advising the Chair and other faculty on any matters in which they are seeking outside input, advocate on behalf of the Department to the business community and in civic arenas, and share their experience and expertise with students as mentors, instructors, and internship advisers.
- Distinguished Alumnus Award: established in 1985, the Department of Economics Distinguished Alumnus award recognizes an alumnus or alumna whose professional achievements and cumulative contributions have brought personal distinction, enhanced the profession, improved the welfare of the general public, and brought honor to their alma mater.
- EconGOLD: Graduates of the Last Decade: GOLD is our young alumni group, comprised of graduates from approximately 2005 – present.
- Notable Economics Alumni: the Department of Economics is proud to have many distinguished alumni among its thousands of graduates.
- Alumni Updates: see what fellow Econ alumni have been up to recently!