COVID-19 prevention information:
The Economics department makes the safety of its faculty, staff, students, and visitors a priority. Numerous safety measures are in place, but not limited to:
- Recommended mask wearing indoors
- Recommended decreased capacity in public spaces to allow for social distancing
- Managed flow of foot traffic to allow for social distancing
- Increased cleaning of common areas and equipment
- Provision of masks, hand sanitizer and wipes in appropriate places
We encourage you to check the following UW resource pages regularly for the latest information:
Important department safety information:
Economics faculty, staff, graduate students and visitors are required to be familiar with the following plans: Savery Hall Emergency Evacuation and Operations Plan (PDF) and Economics Department Health & Safety Plan (PDF)
- Our first aid kit is located in Savery Hall, Room 305.
- Incident/Accident report forms are available in Savery Hall, Room 305 or online.
- Do not use the elevators during an emergency evacuation.
- The evacuation assembly point is the Quad lawn, southeast of Savery Hall.
Campus safety and emergency resources:
- UW Alert: Sign up for notifications of emergencies or crisis situations that may disrupt the normal operation of the UW.
- SafeCampus: Counseling and safety resources, university policies and violence reporting requirements.
- Emergency Management: Disaster planning, training, mitigation, response, prevention and recovery.
- Environmental Health & Safety: Addressing environmental issues in order to provide a safe educational and work place on campus