Here you will find tip sheets, articles, and videos that might be useful in guiding discussions with your mentee. Feel free to print and share any of these documents. If you have anything you’d like to have added to the library, email the outreach coordinator.
Strategies for Mentoring Undergraduates
- Five Effective Strategies for Mentoring Undergraduates: Students’ Perspectives
- Mentors Across America: Advice and Mentoring Experiences from 400 Women Nationwide
- A Career in Economics: It's Much More Than You Think (Video) (American Economic Association)
- Not Sure You Should Apply for the Job? Here's how to Push Past Self-Doubt
- Workplace Etiquette (Columbia University Center for Career Education)
- How to Choose the Right References – (Harvard Business Review)
- Getting Cross-Cultural Teamwork Right (Harvard Business Review)
- 5 Tips on Finding the Right Place to Work (LinkedIn)
- Advice I Wish Someone Had Given Me for My First Job (LifeHacker)
- What Every College Student Should Post on LinkedIn (Mashable)
- The 31 Best LinkedIn Profile Tips for Job Seekers (The Daily Muse)
- LinkedIn 101 (UW Career Center)
- Your First Year in a PhD Program (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
Check out our additional resources for mentoring international students.