The UW Women in Economics group was established in 2013 to address topics of interest to women studying or working in economics-related fields. The group seeks to raise awareness of common issues and provide networking and professional development opportunities. Together, we aim to:
- Expand opportunities for women in economics
- Provide networking opportunities and a community to discuss common issues
- Explore and support research of interest to women in economics
- Promote and encourage diversity in the field of economics
UW Women in Economics Board Members
UW Women in Economics (WiE) is run by alumni and student board members in partnership with the UW Department of Economics.
Alumni Board Members:
Christina Tapia, PhD '09, Founder and Co-chair
Eileen Wang, BS '01, Co-chair
Reem Sabha, BS '17
Olga Yang, BA '82
Gerilyn Denny, BA '83
Krisztina Nagy, PhD '11
Student Board Members:
Sophia Jorgenson (EUB Liaison)
Kate Rebecca Armstrong
Michelle Turnovsky, Judith Thornton (emerita)
Please send feedback and suggestions to Christina Tapia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We want to hear from you on how to best serve our community. Please send feedback and suggestions to Christina Tapia (email@example.com).
Past Events have included:
- Workplace Visits (with lunch and speaker) at firms in technology, finance, and wealth management.
- Keynote speakers from the Federal Reserve, World Bank, CSWEP (Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Profession), and alumni speakers.
- Career Fair Strategies for Economics Majors
- Networking/Social Events, “Mix and Mingle”
- Resume Review