The UW Women in Economics group was established in 2013 to address topics of interest to women studying or working in economics-related fields. The group seeks to raise awareness of common issues and provide networking and professional development opportunities. Additionally we aim to:
- Expand opportunities for women in economics in business and academia;
- Provide networking opportunities for women in economics;
- Provide a venue to meet and discuss issues of common interest;
- Explore research topics of interest to women economists to help understand strengths and challenges;
- Promote employment opportunities and advancement of women in the economics profession.
UW Women in Economics Workplace Visit: Zillow Group
Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 11:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Zillow HQ, 1301 2nd Ave., Seattle 98101
The UWiE group hosted a workplace visit at Zillow Group, a Seattle-based real estate and rental marketplace founded in 2006. UW Economics alumna Skylar Olsen (PhD '14), Senior Economist at Zillow, talked about her career and work at Zillow.
UW Women in Economics Board Members
Christina Tapia, PhD '09, Chair
Shikha Agarwal, Economics graduate student
Tyler Ames, Economics Undergraduate Board liasion
Gerilyn Denny, BA '83
Martina Ji, BA '12
Krisztina Nagy, PhD '11
Reem Sabha, Economics undergraduate student
Jagori Saha, Economics graduate student
Eileen Wang, BS '01
Olga Yang, BA '82
- Join UW Women in Economics on Facebook!
- Subscribe to the group mailing list WomeninEcon@uw.edu!
- Join UW Women in Economics on LinkedIn!
- Learn more about diversity in the Department of Economics!
News & Resources
- Undergraduate Women in Economics Project (Claudia Goldin, Harvard)
- CSWEP: Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Profession
- Faking It: Women, Academia, and the Impostor Syndrome – Chronicle Vitae
- Spotlight on Women in Leadership - Harvard Business Review
- Speaking White Female: Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant on Why Women Stay Quiet at Work – New York Times
"FRB Credit Risk Model Reviews: Two Quants’ Perspective", Yelena Takhtamanova, Senior Risk Specialist Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and Alexandra Onosova, Senior Risk Specialist, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, June 2016
"South Lake Union: The Making of an Urban Innovation District", Maria Mackey Gunn and Rebecca Bloom, Vulcan, Inc. May 2016
“Women, Business and the Law: Removing Restrictions to Enhance Gender Equality”, Yasmin Bin-Humam, Consultant at World Bank, February 2014