The department is thrilled to have hosted our first ""Women in Economics"" networking social this fall. Alumna Tracy Bos, BA '95, was our invited speaker. Tracy, who is director of sales marketing and strategy at Premera Blue Cross and Board President of Girls on the Run Puget Sound, shared her thoughts on how women can best leverage an economics education and shatter the proverbial glass ceiling. She encouraged women to let people know of their interests and goals, rather than hope to get noticed.
The goals of this group are to:
- Expand opportunities for women in economics – in business and academia
- Provide networking opportunities for women in economics
- Provide a venue to meet and discuss issues of common interest
- Explore research topics of interest to women economists to help understand strengths and challenges
- Promote employment opportunities and advancement of women in the economics profession.
Save the Date!
We will host World Bank Consultant Yamin Bin-Humam for a seminar on the World Bank/IMF report ""Women, Business, and the Law 2014"" on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6 p.m. in Allen Library Auditorium. Free and open to the public. Join our group on LinkedIn! We are planning several events for the New Year and want to keep you posted. Have questions or suggestions? Contact the Department Outreach Coordinator."