Professor Wong received his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1983. He has published many papers on international trade, economic growth, and other subjects, written a theory book on international trade and factor mobility, and edited a book on growth and trade. He has organized about ten conferences and workshops on international trade, economic growth, and Asia in the past three-four years, including two on Asian crisis (Seattle, December 1998 and January 2000), one on WTO and world trade (Seattle, December 1999), and one trade, industrial organization and Asia (Hong Kong, August 1999). He has developed a home page on the current Asian crisis and one on the WTO and US foreign trade.
- Wong, Kar-yiu, Elias Dinopoulos, and Jagdish N. Bhagwati. Trade, Globalization and Poverty. London: Routledge, 2007. Print.
- Heiduk, Günter, and Kar-yiu Wong. WTO and World Trade: Challenges in a New Era. Heidelberg: Physica-Verlag, 2005. Print.
- Wong, Kar-yiu. The Asian Crisis: What Has Happened and Why? N.p.: n.p., n.d. The Asian Crisis Home Page - Manuscript with Country Reports. 24 Jan. 2000. Web.
- Department Hosts Second International Conference on "Economic Integration and Economic Growth" - March 13, 2017
- New Undergraduate Course in International Trade - February 14, 2017