- At least three quarters of experience as a teaching assistant. Priority given to students in the third year of the program or above.
- At least one quarter of instructional responsibility or comparable experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for classroom instruction
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Average prior student evaluations scores of 3.5 or higher.
- Satisfactory academic progress
- The position is equivalent to 0.1 FTE, with no other benefits provided. If the applicant already has another 0.5 FTE position, s/he must eligible to work more than 0.5 FTE.
The Lead TA is intended to enhance the quality of instruction in economics courses by providing assistance to the Economics Department’s TA Trainer and graduate teaching assistants. The Lead TA assists in training and evaluation of TAs. The payroll title for such employees varies from Staff Assistant, Staff Associate 1 and Staff Associate 2. The title/pay level is determined based upon the ASE’s current academic status. (More information on titles and payrates). The two primary responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Assist the department in training and evaluating TAs, including observing new TAs and providing written and verbal feedback.
- Share responsibility for the Teaching Seminar (Econ 602) with the faculty TA Trainer.
This position is subject to policies stated in the UW/UAW contract for Academic Student Employees (ASEs). The most recent information may be found at: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/laborrel/contracts/uaw/addons